This cottage stood on part of Lot 1 of Block 76, just along from the corner of Blockhouse Bay Road and Donovan Street.
1940 The Hing family lived in the cottage. They also had a little fruit shop on the corner.
1950 July: Joan and Douglas Costain purchased the cottage.
1960 Property sold to Auckland Savings Bank and the cottage demolished.
1965 25 May: The Mayor of Auckland, Mr D. M. Robinson, and the president of the Auckland Savings Bank, Hon. W. T. Anderton, preside at the opening of the new Auckland Savings Bank building with the branch manager, Mr P. F. Downs.