Another piece of our history disappears – 26 Endeavour Street This cottage stood on the corner of Gilfillan Street and Endeavour Street. 26 Endeavour Street cottage Ten acres ran down from the corner of Gilfillan Street down Endeavour Street to Kinross Street in 1871 bought by land speculator Stephen Norris and sold on same day to George Foster, a ‘dealer’, who in 1881 sold the land to Margaret Johnson.
Hing Cottage Hing Cottage This cottage stood on part of Lot 1 of Block 76, just along from the corner of Blockhouse Bay Road and Donovan Street. 1940 The Hing family lived in the cottage. They also had a little fruit shop on the corner. 1950 July: Joan and Douglas Costain purchased the cottage. 1960 Property sold to Auckland Savings Bank and the cottage demolished. 1965 25 May: The Mayor of Auckland, Mr D.